Total Topics: 497
Most Online Today: 34
Most Online Ever: 160
(October 30, 2018, 08:06:37 am)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5

Author Topic: An excerpt of a navy voyage.  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Reecedude21

• View Profile
An excerpt of a navy voyage.
« on: October 16, 2013, 05:58:43 am »
My beloved Samantha.

Thirty seven days hath befallen us, casting any comfort of dry land far out from our minds. Spain will hopefully be no longer than a dozen or so more days, yet my urge for you grows ever more potent. I...merely lacked the fortitude to wait until shore, my words must escape my lips, be it with language or pen, I care not. My heart belongs only to you Samantha, not the barber, the watchmen, nor even the duke himself would pull me from you had I surely fell into an obstacle of our love.  Despite the temptation to swim to your very doorstep, your mother needs the coin for the doctor. I will not fail you Samantha, victory will be a mere hour's worth of time. The savages we shall smite bear only sticks and shields, yet we guns and blades! When the pay falls upon my lap, I shall run to your door Samantha, pay the doctor and offer you my unworthy hand in marriage. There, I will say it again, I would dream nothing more than to be your most happy husband, growing fat and old with you in a merry cottage with as many children as your heart could ever desire. Gravest pains, the chef needs a hand lifting the fish from the starboard. For now, I merely ask you await my return, and we shall find true happiness together, just you wait! Farewell, and keep care Samantha. I love you, and I will see you soon.

Signed Seaman Tar-------

"The rest is illegible, sir."

"Where was it found?"

"In a sealed box at the bottom of the sea. Looks like pirates took the ship out, sir."

"Ever discover who it was for?"

"No sir, just a box full of letters like this."

"Very well, carry on."

"Right away sir."

"..........."

//There, I threw my literately hat into the ring. Hope it wasn't too boring.//
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:10:23 am by Reecedude21 »

johnmchall

Re: An excerpt of a navy voyage.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:44:34 am »
Amazing, well written, and emotional. Bravo.